– 3:45: Line up for for the parade in cars, on foot or on bikes as follows:
= Island Brass
= Lead Banner
= US Flag – Tom Quimby
= Canadian Flag – Martine Roberts
= Those with Flags from their locale (If you didn’t bring a flag, bring them next year)
= Veterans ( Report to Suzanne Brady who has arranged for some to be picked up) Questions, Suzanne at 1-318-680-0536
+ Veterans on foot
+ Veterans in cars
= Zydeco Dancers and bead throwers, – join the Dance
+ Mardi Bras
+ Others who want dance/walk behind the zydeco
= The 2018 Queen, Dorian Hammond
= The new King and Queen, Julia and Charlie Lasata
= The 49ers Kazoo Band
= Marissa and Jane in Golf- cart with Pumpkin Fred
= Return of the Island Brass
5:00 pm: The Muench Family Dinner and party starts. Note that veterans, the current Queen and the new King will be served first. 6:00 pm: Remarks by the Muench Family, Introductions, and the crowning of the new King & Queen
Sometime later….Party ends.
– The parade will move North along No-name street, turn east at 1E and then go south (towards the Birds)
– There will be performances, (Island Brass, Zydeco, The Kazoo Band) at the corner of 1E and Main Street and at Main Street and 3E/3W. If you have a performance, let the Prade Marshall know when you check in. – Our EMCee, Steve Rieth will introduce the Parade participants at corner of 3E and Main Street.
– Music will be provided by our well known and popular, DJ, Rusty Roepke.
– Catering is by Sanibel Catering, (Bailey’s)
– Debbie Ainsworth will be taking a video of the Parade and Dave Barron will be photographing.
Happy Mardi Gras.